First-Time Homebuyer Workshops
CCCS hosts monthly workshops for First Time Homebuyers. Sign up for one of our upcoming classes:
- Saturday, April 15th from 9am – 12pm on Zoom
- Saturday, May 13th – time and location TBD
- Saturday, June 24th from 9am – 12pm on Zoom
What You Need to Know
CCCS works closely with local non-profit agencies, employers, government agencies, schools, churches, businesses, and other organizations to host financial workshops. In fact, CCCS’ Education Department provides knowledge and money management skills on a variety of financial topics including:
- Creating a Spending Plan
- Borrowing 101
- Credit Clinics
- Improving Your Credit Score
- Increase Savings
- Money Management while Unemployed
- Maximizing Income and Prioritizing Expenses
- Debt Management
- Smart Cents for Students
- Money Management for the Young at Heart
- Homebuyer Workshops
- Identity Protection
To see our upcoming community financial workshops and offerings, follow us on Facebook!
Also, do you have more questions about financial workshops? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Check out financial books from the public library www.liveoak.org or www.beaufortcountylibrary.org
- Particularly, be cautious of financial “gurus” who push products.
- Understand “sold, not sought” offers-be cautious about financial advisers trying to sell a product. Also, ask if they have a fiduciary responsibility to you or just act as a salesperson.
- Further, for more resources check out our financial tools.