Do you have more questions? Visit Frequently Asked Questions.
- If you find yourself in debt, stop using your credit cards immediately.
- Speak with creditors about options before you miss a payment.
- For student loan debt, see if you qualify for income-based repayment.
- With medical bills, call to see if you qualify for a hardship, prompt pay discount or payment plan.
- If you have collection accounts you plan on settling on, get the settlement in writing, pay with cashier’s check/money order, and send payment as certified mail.
- Consider power pay: As soon as you pay off one debt, you roll that monthly amount over to another debt. http://www.powerpay.org
- Avoid using debt settlement companies that use your initial payments for their fees while not communicating with your creditors. You may be able to settle debts yourself by speaking to the creditor directly.
- For information on bankruptcy, click: https://www.cccssavannah.org/bankruptcy-services/
- Call CCCS, 912-691-2227.
ACT NOWDon’t wait. Set a FREE one-on-one session today. Call CCCS at 912-691-2227 or Contact us https://www.cccssavannah.org/contact-us/